Monday, August 11, 2008

Thanks for asking

Thank you for asking.... but no, no, I have not watched the opening ceremonies of the Olympics. I greatly admire the tenacity and commitment of the athletes participating; I remember, through the years watching amazing feats with my family members; and yes, I realize the U.S.A. is far from perfect but no, no, I have not watched the Olympics in China. Just am not a fan of China and its abuses of human rights and I just cannot watch their pageant show. Nope, can't do it...

3 comments:

Meigan said...

Well, look at you with a blog! I love it, Mizz Amy!

I'm a little mixed on the Olympics myself. I will probably watch the marathons & the triathlon, but glorifying all these sports? Really? Can't we have an Olympics of the mind? Why don't they ever have an international science fair that every country wants to compete & win in?

kestrel_33 said...

I don't mind the glorifying these athletes because most of them have trained their entire lives and they are capable of amazing things but yes, I do agree with you. Can you imagine getting this excited about our greatest and brightest getting together every four years to form a brilliant think tank?

Speaking of which, Holden found out yesterday when we registered him for junior high that because of personal recommendations of his teachers, scholastic performance and test scores, he has been enrolled in three accelerated courses this year!

Meigan said...

Go Holden! Woohoo!